- This walk has passed.
C Walk – Grappenhall
August 4 @ 10:00 am
This walk is approximately 7.6 miles and is relatively flat with a couple of gentle inclines. There are about 5 styles all of which are safe and easy to negotiate.
We leave the beautiful cobbled village of Grappenhall to join the Bridgewater canal which we follow for a couple of miles before we join the Delamere Way to Hillfoot Farm. Walking along country paths & lanes via Fox Covert cemetery, Hillcliffe and Appleton, we join the Dingle where we walk through the woods to follow Dingle Brook which leads down the pretty valley of Dingle Brook then Lumb Brook. We then walk round Lumb Brook Park where we will have lunch with tables and benches available in the park. We then follow further paths in a wooded area before we enter Grappenhall Wood and then rejoin the Bridgewater canal back to the start.
Please meet in the pub car park at 10am for a 10.15am start of the walk.
After the walk, drinks are available at The Rams Head Inn pub for those people wishing to stay for a drink.
If anyone would like to take a look at the proposed route before the day, then go to https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1258927 but please do not change the route.
Directions to The Rams Head Inn, Church Lane, Grappenhall, Warrington WA4 3EP
The distance is about 25 miles and should take about 45 minutes to drive. Please take care over the hump back bridge over the canal leading into Grappenhall.
- Get onto the A555 and then exit at Junction 5 onto the M56
- At junction 9, take the A50 exit to Lymm
- At the first roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Cliff Lane/A50
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Cliff Lane/A50
- Continue to follow A50
- After 1.5 miles, turn left onto Bellhouse Lane which then becomes Church Lane and the pub is on the right hand side after the Parrs Arms pub.
7.5 miles, easy / moderate